SQL Injection Vulnerability in Ruperts News Script
- SQL Injection Vulnerability in Ruperts News Script
- Last Update
- 2006.05.09 Exploitation code published
- Risk Level
- SQL Injection
- Unpatched. No reply from developer(s)
- Vulnerable Software
- Ruperts News Script (http://www.electioneering.net/scripts.php)
- Discovered by
- Aliaksandr Hartsuyeu (eVuln.com)
SQL Injection found in Ruperts News Script (http://www.electioneering.net/scripts.php) script.
Vulnerable script: login.php
Parameter username is not properly sanitized before being used in SQL query. This can be used to bypass authentication or make any SQL query by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
Condition: magic_quotes_gpc = off
1. SQL Injection Example.
Username: ' union select 1,2,3,4,5/*
To fix this problem install or upgrade to latest version.