Multiple XSS and SQL Injection in aWebNews
- Multiple XSS and SQL Injection in aWebNews
- Last Update
- 2006.04.11 Exploitation code published
- CVE-2006-1612 CVE-2006-1613
- Risk Level
- Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Unpatched. Vendor notyfied.
- Vulnerable Software
- aWebNews (http://labs.aweb.com.au/awebnews.php)
- Not available
- Discovered by
- Aliaksandr Hartsuyeu (eVuln.com)
Multiple Vulnerabilities found in aWebNews (http://labs.aweb.com.au/awebnews.php) script.
1. Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities.
Vulnerable Script: visview.php
Parameters yname, emailadd, subject, comment are not properly sanitized. This can be used to post arbitrary HTML or web script code.
2. Multiple SQL Injections.
Vulnerable scripts: login.php fpass.php visview.php
Variables $user123(login.php), $user123(fpass.php), $_GET['cid'](visview.php) are not properly sanitized before being used in SQL queries. This can be used to make any SQL query by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
Condition: magic_quotes_gpc = off
1. Cross-Site Scripting Example.
Your Name: [XSS]
Email / Website: aaa">[XSS]<aaa aaa="
Comment Subject: [XSS]
Comment Text: [XSS]
2. SQL Injection Example.
Solution for "Multiple XSS and SQL Injection in aWebNews" is not available. Check vendor's website for updates.